Activities – Biobased Products
Within IEA Bioenergy Task 42 the focus of the activities is on Energy-driven Biorefineries. This means that the production of (transportation) fuels, power and/or heat is the main goal of the biomass value chains concerned. The valorisation of process (chain) residues to added-value Biobased Products, however, is a must to make the full biomass-to-products chains market competitive and sustainable.
In this Task Activity an inventory will be made of Biobased Products that potentially can be co-produced with secondary energy carriers. Biobased Products that will be dealt with are a.o.: chemicals (specialties, fine chemicals, base chemicals, platform chemicals, functionalised chemicals, ...) and materials (polymers, fibre products, ...). Also the co-production of Human Food and Animal Feed (proteins) will be part of this inventory.
This Task will be performed in 2010. Activities:
- Gathering of public information on this issue from Task Partners.
- Assessment of this info, coming up with a schematic overview on Biobased Products, incl. types, current/future market volumes, current/future market prices.
Contact Activities – Biobased Products
Contact: Adrian Higson (NNFCC, UK) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 23-08-10 International Conference on Polygeneration Strategies10 (ICPS) with Special Focus on Integrated Biorefineries 2010 Leipzig, Germany
- 23-08-10 Training Course Biorefinery
- 31-07-10 Europabio annouces top speaker
No events found.