To contribute to the development and implementation of sustainable biorefineries – as part of highly efficient, zero waste value chains – synergistically producing bio-based Food and Non-food Products as base for a global BioEconomy.
Challenges to be tackled
- Develop industry legitimacy and a level-playing field for sustainable biomass use
- Multi-sectoral stakeholder involvment in the development and implementation of sustainable value chains
- Technology development and biorefinery scale-up using best practices
- Unlock available expertise
energy/fuel (trading, certification), agrifood, material and chemical
- Develop the necessary human capital by training students and other stakeholders to become the biorefinery experts of today and tomorrow