Take a look at our new website!
- Presentation: The role of Biomass Bioenergy and Biorefining in a Circular Economy - Paris meeting (1,88 mb)
- Implementing Strategies of Biorefineries in the BioEconomy (3,01 mb)
- Protein-driven Biorefining – Sustainable Biomass Use for Food and Non-food (1,72 mb)
- Assessing Biorefineries Using Wood for the BioEconomy – Current Status and Future Perspective of IEA Bioenergy Task 42 “Biorefining” (498,74 kb)
- The "Biorefinery Fact Sheet" and its Application to Wood Based Biorefining (689,36 kb)
- The “Biorefinery Fact Sheet” and its Application to Wood Based Biorefining - Case Studies of IEA Bioenergy Task 42 “Biorefining” (464,63 kb)
To contribute to the development and implementation of sustainable biorefineries – as part of highly efficient, zero waste value chains – synergistically producing bio-based Food and Non-food Products as base for a global BioEconomy.
Challenges to be tackled
- Develop industry legitimacy and a level-playing field for sustainable biomass use
- Multi-sectoral stakeholder involvment in the development and implementation of sustainable value chains
- Technology development and biorefinery scale-up using best practices
- Unlock available expertise energy/fuel (trading, certification), agrifood, material and chemical manufacturing sectors
- Develop the necessary human capital by training students and other stakeholders to become the biorefinery experts of today and tomorrow