One of the major Activities of Task 42 is the annual preparation of country specific reports on Biorefinery Mapping and Biorefinery-related RTD programmes – so called “Country Reports” – to help national governments to define their national biorefinery policy goals and related funding programmes.
The Country Report Canada was recently released by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
In this report, the following subjects for Canada are outlined:
- Energy production and consumption
- Biomass Flows for energy & non-energy applications
- Bioeconomy related policies
- Sustainability: economic, social & environmental
- Major R&D networks
- National stakeholders involved in the field of biorefining