One of the major Activities of Task 42 is the annual preparation of country specific reports on Biorefinery Mapping and Biorefinery-related RTD programmes – so called “Country Reports” – to help national governments to define their national biorefinery policy goals and related funding programmes.
The Country Report Japan was recently released by National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) and New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO).
In this report, the following subjects for Japan are outlined:
- Country specific energy consumption
- Biomass use for energy and non-energetic applications
- Biomass related (national) policy issues
- Biomass related sustainability aspects
- Running commercial biorefineries
- Biorefinery demonstration and pilot plants
- Major R&D projects
- Major national stakeholders involved in the field of biorefining
- Other issues