One of the major Activities of Task 42 is the annual preparation of country specific reports on Biorefinery Mapping and Biorefinery-related RTD programmes – so called “Country Reports” – to help national governments to define their national biorefinery policy goals and related funding programmes.
The Country Report New Zealand was recently released by SCION.
In this report, the following subjects for New Zealand are outlined:
- Country specific energy consumption
- Biomass use for energy and non-energetic applications
- Biomass related policy issues
- Biomass related sustainability aspects
- Bio(based) Economy strategy
- Running commercial biorefineries
- Biorefinery pilot plants
- Major R&D projects
- Major national stakeholders interested in biorefining